Author Topic: Where did Chris, Amy and Sabrina go?  (Read 4649 times)

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Where did Chris, Amy and Sabrina go?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 12:29:59 PM »
I don't think Amy knew what the star meant. She just thought it meant that someone had to go away. She saw the star on Carolyn's forehead and thought that Carolyn had to go away like her cousin Joe.

I remember if at one point that there was a waitress in the Blue Whale who had the star on her forehead too. Remember the werewolf crashing through the plate glass window at the Blue Whale?

My feeling is that there was a golden opportunity that was missed for the Amy Jennings character to really develop into one of the most interesting characters on the show.  Denise Nickerson was an amazing actor who they should have had a bigger role written for IMO.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 04:22:54 PM »
Quentin made one mere reference to the fact that Chris, Amy and Sabrina were gone, but he never went into specifics where they went or why. This is not what I consider "typing up loose ends" it's what I consider sloppy writing. Chris and Amy were characters that the audience cared about (can't say the same about Sabrina judging by the posts I have read about her) and it was really sloppy of the writers to just leave their fates in  limbo. Even if it wasn't a happy ending, they should have given SOME explanation to what happened to them.

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 03:35:01 AM »
Quentin made one mere reference to the fact that Chris, Amy and Sabrina were gone, but he never went into specifics where they went or why. This is not what I consider "typing up loose ends" it's what I consider sloppy writing. Chris and Amy were characters that the audience cared about (can't say the same about Sabrina judging by the posts I have read about her) and it was really sloppy of the writers to just leave their fates in  limbo. Even if it wasn't a happy ending, they should have given SOME explanation to what happened to them.

Not to mention the fact that [spoiler]Jenny's ghost kept telling Chris to find Quentin cause Quentin could help him lift the curse.[/spoiler] UH huh.  Never saw any evidence that he had ever found the answer to that one.  Yet another nicely planted plot bunny that they never tied up or followed up on. [ChristmaS11]

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 04:14:33 AM »
At the end of DVD Collection 26, they imply that Chris and Sabrina's story did not turn out well, and that he did eventually kill her.  [easter_undecided] I don't think they mentioned Amy ...
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 04:49:54 AM »
I don't think they mentioned Amy ...

I believe it implies Carolyn adopts Amy, or at least becomes something akin to her guardian. That would have been a very interesting direction for things to go - particularly considering that Amy is a Collins.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 04:57:27 AM »
I guess it's just too painful for people to ask where Ned Stuart is.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 05:00:44 AM »
Hopefully Ned, in a drunken stupor, accidentally fell from Widows' Hill one night.  [easter_wink]

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 05:07:01 AM »
I don't think they mentioned Amy ...

I believe it implies Carolyn adopts Amy

You're right-- I forgot about that  [easter_cool]

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 05:17:15 AM »
Hopefully Ned, in a drunken stupor, accidentally fell from Widows' Hill one night.  [easter_wink]

LOL!!!! A little harsh Myst-- he wasn't that bad!! (albeit he was pretty annoying when you're rooting for Chris)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 02:50:29 PM »
Or Sabrina, who finally got sick and tired of brother dear, splashed him with A-1 steak sauce and shoved him into Chris' room one full-moon night.

Gerard

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »
Spoiler  Below
At the end of DVD Collection 26, they imply that Chris and Sabrina's story did not turn out well, and that he did eventually kill her.  [easter_undecided] I don't think they mentioned Amy ...
That's what I thought. Chris was locked in somewhere and Sabrina was
worried about him, went to check on him and while he was a wolf
he killed her. Then he killed himself.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 09:39:41 PM »
Well, some problems don't get solved.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Doug

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 11:04:22 PM »

I remember that episode. But I wonder did Quentin know that Chris is his great-great grandson? Julia told Chris
that Quentin is his great-great grandfather.

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 01:12:15 AM »
I don't know if great-great grandfather is correct. I would guess something more like grandfather or great-grandfather at the most, unless of course everyone subsequent generation had children when they were around 12-15.

I happen to know my great-grandfather was born approx 110 years before me, and Quentin is probably about 70 years older than Chris.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »
Quentin was the Jennings' great-grandfather because Chris said that Quentin's daughter Lenore was his grandmother. And, yes, Quentin knew he was related. In fact, one of my pet peeves is that, except for one extremely brief reference to it in Ep #962, nothing more was ever really made of that fact between Quentin and Chris - or that Quentin was responsible for Chris' curse.  [easter_rolleyes]  [easter_angry]

The reason I think that perhaps Chris, Sabrina and Amy's departure got so little fanfare was that they were still hoping at the time that one day Don Briscoe would return. There were actually plans for him to play Randall Drew in 1840, but it just didn't work out.