Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0522  (Read 1805 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0522
« on: April 16, 2008, 09:05:58 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0522
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 11:38:30 PM »
I know I'm supposed to hate Nicholas, but there's something about him that oozes coolness, even if he is on the side of the powers of darkness.

I loved his remark to Barnabas about Martinique: "It IS a hard island to forget." Shows he knows what's what.

Joe was a little too harsh with Willie here, but he is right about Willie knowing more than he's telling. Too bad Willie had to mention Barnabas' name, but Joe WAS pretty rough with him.

For sure, Willie would have made a lousy spy...he would have buckled under the slightest bit of torture.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 02:36:20 AM »
I know I'm supposed to hate Nicholas, but there's something about him that oozes coolness, even if he is on the side of the powers of darkness.

Yup, that's what he wants you to think.

With all the bodies that got buried in the woods, it seems a shame that Barnabas didn't let Trask's skeleton have a rest.  Was it that he liked having the skeleton there, to remind him of one of his few triumphs in the 1795 fiasco?  When he spent so long in the basement in yesterday's episode, was it because he was gloating?

I wonder what Nicholas perceived when he was questioning Angelique's portrait.  We heard music that tells us that something not quite straightforward is happening.  I don't think that Nicholas heard that music; we just heard it to tell us that Nicholas was getting vibes from the portrait.  Did he feel a pricking in his thumbs?  Did the portrait become just a little more vivid when he was on the right track?  Or was there some demon sense that we can't imagine?  Incidentally, I did not all of read Midnite's no doubt excellent post about the portrait in the thread for yesterday's episode because of the Harry Potter spoiler warning (thank you for that, Midnite!) but today I was thinking about the 1968 Trinity: Angelique, Cassandra, and the Unholy Portrait, and the "qui ex patre filioque procedit" part of the creed that is in every mass set to music that I have ever listened to - "who proceeds from the father and the son", is it?  Doesn't quite work for this trinity.

We're not going to see Barnabas or Julia for quite a few episodes after this.  It's sort of weird - off they go to consult with Professor Stokes, and they disappear just as surely as Cassandra did.

PS: Spellchecker likes "vibes".  Spellchecker is so hip!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 02:56:32 AM »
PS: Spellchecker likes "vibes".  Spellchecker is so hip!

As well it should be.  [ghost_grin]  And I'm pretty sure we can thank the SMF developers who wrote the spellcheck feature for that.  [ghost_wink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 12:58:03 PM »
I wonder what Nicholas perceived when he was questioning Angelique's portrait.  We heard music that tells us that something not quite straightforward is happening.  I don't think that Nicholas heard that music; we just heard it to tell us that Nicholas was getting vibes from the portrait.  Did he feel a pricking in his thumbs?  Did the portrait become just a little more vivid when he was on the right track?  Or was there some demon sense that we can't imagine?

If this is the moment I think it is, that was very odd.   Nick's attention was caught by Ang's spell music, or so it seemed at the time.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 03:08:19 AM »
If this is the moment I think it is, that was very odd.   Nick's attention was caught by Ang's spell music, or so it seemed at the time.

I agree, Magnus. [ghost_wink] It seems to me that the music was what kept Nicholas' attention and let him know what he wanted to know. It was all in the music.  [ghost_rolleyes]

I think it's pretty cool that Nicholas could speak to the portrait, and Angelique could "answer" back.  [ghost_cool] It was also pretty neat when Nicholas hypnotized Willie to make him tell him what he wanted to know.  [ghost_grin] Nicholas was a much better hypnotist than Julia was. Nicholas takes the prize for being the best!  [first]

-----  Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 04:48:44 PM »
Incidentally, I did not all of read Midnite's no doubt excellent post about the portrait in the thread for yesterday's episode because of the Harry Potter spoiler warning (thank you for that, Midnite!)

No prob, since MB allowed us to hide a spoiler within a larger spoiler.  Which there is.  Now.  [ghost_happy]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 04:51:07 AM »
Thanks, I'll go back and look.  And, just in case anybody's confused, I think it's episode 520, not 521 as I indicated.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 04:58:26 AM »
...Drat, now it doesn't tell me anything.  And it's going to be several months at the very least before I read Half-Blood Prince.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 06:25:18 AM »
...Drat, now it doesn't tell me anything.  And it's going to be several months at the very least before I read Half-Blood Prince.

When you click to open the first spoiler, the 2nd spoiler within it is still hidden until you click it too.  Does that help?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 07:19:10 AM »
Oh, now I get it.  The spoiler-within-a-spoiler feature is awesome!  And, having read the non-Harry-Potter spoiler, I have to give it some thought.  The word "tether" has me thinking about kites and Mary Poppins, which may not be exactly what was intended.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 05:42:07 AM »
I wonder who that guy was who wandered into the frame when Willie was alone in the basement.   That turned into rather an unintentionally  spooky moment in and of itself.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 10:21:14 AM »
Yes, indeed!  Willie doesn't notice him, and he doesn't notice Willie.  Very spooky.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 09:41:04 PM »
That guy was an intruder from our band of time....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor