Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0311  (Read 857 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0311
« on: June 04, 2007, 07:12:58 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0311
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 08:07:22 PM »
Very good show, the plot thickens. David is now more involved than ever before. We did see David climb out of it. The Coffin is one how many does Barnabas have. One in the masoleum one at the old house, now make that two one was for Maggie.  David has now learned that Sarah is Barnabas' sister, but it Sarah is a ghost what about Barnabas?? This is David thinking.  Now the question is will he or won't he bite Vickie, how long will it take him to do it.

Have you noticed that the clothes are very bright colors now, not mellow collors. Carolyn wearing a brght redish pink, Vickie the green and then purple.  I can't see the guys wearing those colors. 
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 07:50:12 AM »
We did see David climb out of it.
Yes, and it did look as though the coffin might go onto the floor.
The Coffin is one how many does Barnabas have.
I vaguely remember that in the book Dracula, the vampire has coffins all over London.  Since Willie was making a coffin for Maggie back when she was scheduled to become Josette, it seems fair to imagine that Willie built Barnabas's second coffin.  And visited the local fabric shop to get the cloth for the liner.
David has now learned that Sarah is Barnabas' sister, but it Sarah is a ghost what about Barnabas??
Did he learn that?  It seems to me that what Barnabas said was vague enough so that one couldn't be sure.  I liked how Jason became "the contents" of the mausoleum.  David would have assumed that Barnabas was talking about the coffin.  By the way, I don't know why Barnabas was contemptuous of Willie's fear.  He knows that ghosts exist, and as Jason's murderer, he shouldn't be so certain that he'll never hear from Jason again.  On the other hand, I suppose Barnabas has murdered too many people to be worried about one ghost in particular.

Nice job by Alexandra Moltke with the tears, though it did seem strange to hear David turned into a little plaster saint, innocent and virtuous.

I wish they could have shown the secret room of the mausoleum as it really was when the door was shut - pitch black.  Imagine being a ten-year-old kid shut in there!  The stuff of nightmares for years to come.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 04:53:52 PM »
They have to have the lights so that they could do the film. Later I think that there was candles put in there.  Or it could have a secret lightbulb like the refrigerator does. Or there could have been on of those sticky lights.  ;)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 01:32:08 AM »
If the room is sealed, people would suffocate too.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 04:01:08 AM »
Great episode!  [cheerleader] When David came out of the coffin, I believe it  was the only time that was shown on DS.  [cheesyg] I'm sure it was pretty spooky for him to be in there.  But then he was so anxious to get out of the Secret Room, he forgot about the danger with Barnabas and Willie, and yelled for them to get him out!  Lucky (or was that unlucky?) for him they had already left at that point.  Barnabas was pretty cryptic with his talk of Sarah and Jason, so David wouldn't have known that Barnabas was talking about them. [idontknow]

It sure looks like Barnabas will bite Vicki!  [shkdg] We'll see what happens! [winkg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]