Author Topic: MPI's Complete DS Music set?  (Read 695 times)

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
MPI's Complete DS Music set?
« on: November 15, 2005, 07:05:09 AM »
Has anyone heard anything new about MPI's planned CD collection of the complete and entire music score from DS?  When is this supposed to be coming out?

I wonder what else they'll dig up besides what's already been released on the Original Music From Dark Shadows volumes.  There are a couple of unreleased Blue Whale tunes from the early episodes which they only used in the show once or twice, as well as the original non-Cobert Josette's theme.  It'd be neat to have those in the set.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: MPI's Complete DS Music set?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 01:13:28 AM »
hey penny.

i don't know if what i have is unusual or not because i found it in a japanese bookstore of all places.the cd is titled "the original music from dark shadows deluxe edition".not really sure what the 'deluxe' part is.it has 16 songs plus two 'bonus' interviews.
one was done in 1968 with jonathan,grayson,roger davis,humbert allen astredo,robert rodan and don briscoe.
the other is with david selby from 1969.

if you haven't heard it they did these weird voiceovers of jonathan talking over some of the songs.my guess is that they probably had him dub these during the marketing blitz of 68-70-ish.it was probably released on vinyl to flocks of teenage fans("mom you just HAVE to buy me the new dark shadows' record...barnabas talks on it!").it also includes a few of those early blue whale tunes.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: MPI's Complete DS Music set?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 01:59:58 AM »
I remember reading about that... I thought it was supposed to be released this year? I have no clue.

I have a few of the DS soundtracks on cd, and the first record, which I can finally play because I got a system with a record player.  :)