Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0424  (Read 811 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0424
« on: March 29, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »
Robservations #424

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0424

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 03:47:22 PM »
Naomi is wearing one of the gowns I like best: pearl-gray satin with a vermilion velvet overdress.

Nathan tells Millicent that his "sister" has been murdered. Of course, Millicent is all sympathy and embraces Nathan, who has the grace to look somewhat embarrassed.

Of course, not long after, Millicent stumbles across Nathan and Suki's marriage certificate. Her heartbreak is only beginning.

Joshua reveals to Naomi what Madame duPres (as always he refers to her, still never giving her her title) told him about the book's prophecy of Josette's death. Listening with horror, Naomi comes to the same conclusion as Joshua, who declares, Someone must stay with Josette through all day tomorrow to make sure nothing happens to her.

Meanwhile, Josette is anticipating being with Barnabas forever….

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 05:40:35 AM »
Jane gets an encore - unbelievable. Is anyone keeping a body count? Geesh.

What a drag - that brand new big beautiful house and not a moments happiness in it. I remember the proud look on Joshua's face when he first brought Trask there. Joshua has plenty of other things to talk about to avoid talking about Barnabas. But as his bad luck would have it, a wounded Josette comes downstairs at the Old House calling out Barn's name. Joshua can't catch a break.

I like the big vermilion bows atop Naomi's shoulders. (I was determined to use 'vermilion' in a sentence, after I looked it up, that is! lol.)

Oh, I forgot to bring this up. I find it totally ludicrous that the family history book would mention all the details leading up to Josette's death. The losing of the ring, etc.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 03:22:33 PM »
I think the countess was responsible for all those details on Josette's death. She loved her niece like a daughter and would be shattered if anything happened to her, so all the preceding events would be seared into her memory.

Someone mentioned in a previous thread that Joshua almost playfully (for him) referred to Natalie as "my dear countess," so I stand corrected regarding my previous post on this page. But it appears that he has gone back to calling her "Madame DuPres."

And yes, I also love the word "vermillion."

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 05:04:30 PM »
Barnabas gets too much glee from taunting Suki with a bat, considering what a bat did to him in that same room.  And Suki's a stranger, why gloat?   Nathan can't hear you, Suki.... she actually seems to think she's having a conversation with him, when she's alone.   With her last breath, she feels she has to specify:  "Barnabas Collins!"   It always seems odd when characters add "Collins", as if it needs to be said, as if they aren't surrounded by Collinses.

Nathan shows plenty of shock as regards Suki's death.  Joshua isn't exactly a good judge of that.   Nathan shows slight irritation at Millicent's comforting hug.

I wonder what's in smelling salts, and why people needed them so much, and why they stopped using them.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 06:41:07 PM »
Here's a link to a National Institute of Health link to an article in the British Journal of Sports Medicine. Apparently smelling salts have a long and interesting history.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 04:36:15 AM »
Josette is found at the Old House and Naomi discovers the bites are the same as the ones on Barnabas. Millicent finds the marriage certificate and learns Nathan lying to her after Sukey is dead and unable to participate in the drama.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times