Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0303  (Read 1016 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0303
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:13:17 AM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0303
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 06:55:30 AM »
I liked and didn't like this show.  Burke has decided that he was going to find something wrong about Barnbas.  Barnabas just wants him dead. Burke just wants him out of the way.   Doesn't he know not to tangle with the Collins of Collinwood.? ::)

Doesn't Burke know that when you tell someone they like that the person is bad. They defend them all the way. Look what Carolyn did.   Burke acts like he owns Collinsport and can get anything that he wants.  But his is like a person that likes to color outside the lines.  Can you believe that he wants to read medical records of Maggie. It was his mistake that he didn't go to the cops right away.  ???
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 09:31:53 PM »
Good episode - low-key but full of interesting possibilities.  Towards the end I decided that, rather than being chained up in a coffin for a century or two, Barnabas's essence had been shut up in the music box, like a genie.  If Barnabas Collins could grant you three wishes, what would you wish for?

Hasn't Burke ever read any mystery novels?  (No, of course not.  That would involve imagination.)  The character who has suspicions but doesn't tell them always gets murdered about three-quarters of the way through.  His murder immediately gives the detective the vital clue as to who the villain is so there can be an exciting unveiling - but that doesn't help the victim much.

Vicky reminds me of a pumpkin when she wears that orange dress.  And what was Maggie wearing?  Was it a housecoat or a dress?  Doesn't she know that she'll lose Joe if she doesn't start wearing miniskirts again?

Gosh, I like Robert Gerringer.  I looked for him to turn away from the camera at the end of his scene the way he did before, but he didn't.  Instead he made some sort of movement with his eyebrow.  Maybe he was told he had been veering too far away from soap opera protocol.  I looked him up on IMDB and found that he was in a TV production of Our Town in 1959, also featuring Dana Elcar.  Has anybody here seen it?  I don't suppose I'll ever get a chance.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 01:02:58 AM »
I just know the musical production of Our Town with Frank Sinatra,  where he sung the song, Love and Marriage, which was later used as a theme song for a show, Married with Children.  :D

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 09:26:02 PM »
The Robservations screen captures for this episode have now been added.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »
Burke has become quite the detective. [thumb] He'd better watch out, though, because curiosity killed the cat! [shkdg]

Dr. Woodard looked especially handsome today.  Actually, Joe and Burke did, too. [luv]

I can understand Maggie's feeling like she's cooped up.  [8311] She's not the type to be content staying at home just reading a book or watching tv.  Also, don't she and Sam need the money Maggie earns at the coffee shop? [idontknow]

----- Sally -----
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 09:47:04 PM »
Sam and Maggie are living off the money that Barnabas paid  Sam for the portrait. Maybe Sam is cutting back and not going down to the Blue Whale.  [laughing4]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 10:14:21 PM »
Maybe Sam is cutting back and not going down to the Blue Whale.

Maybe not as much. But somehow I can't picture Sam giving up going to the Blue Whale entirely - not even for only a few days stretch.  [lghy]  (Yes, there was that one day that he wouldn't accept a drink when Maggie was still missing. But that was an aberration. And Maggie was missing. She's back now.  [wink2])