Author Topic: Calling all B/J luvvers!  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Calling all B/J luvvers!
« on: March 07, 2005, 07:50:43 AM »
How do you envision Barnabas and Julia finally giving in to their feelings for each other?

Countess

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all B/J luvvers!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 08:13:46 PM »
Hello, this is a great topic! :)
I always envision a romantic evening for Barnabas and Julia: The couple at an out-of-town Hilton Hotel Suite, drinking champagne, eating a roast beef dinner, dancing to some Tony Bennett on the stereo, and making love on the soft king-size bed that has silky, satiny sheets. The next morning, Barnabas and Julia would wake up smiling at each other. [firedevil]
dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 01:45:57 AM »
I always envision a romantic evening for Barnabas and Julia: The couple at an out-of-town Hilton Hotel Suite, drinking champagne, eating a roast beef dinner, dancing to some Tony Bennett on the stereo, and making love on the soft king-size bed that has silky, satiny sheets. The next morning, Barnabas and Julia would wake up smiling at each other. [firedevil]

I envision the same thing except Julia wakes up the next morning thinking she is next to Barnabas but she feels a beard tickling her ear and the voice of Nickolas Blair says "Have some Madeira, my dear."

Can anyone tell me how to find the poem with the line "Have some Madeira, my dear".  I saw Tony Randall recite it once and it was such a joy.  It seems to fit Nickolas Blair's style.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 02:11:15 AM »
After drinking too much sherry and port at Professor Stokes' home - where a tasteful game of three-handed bridge degenerates into a raunchy round of strip poker, Barnabas and Julia stop off at the Collins mausoleum, where Barnabas slyly suggests, "I've always wanted to do it in the secret room!"
In the sober light of day, the insatiable couple realize their overdue passion was not just the result of alcohol abundance, whereupon Julia slyly suggests, "I've always wanted to do it in the gazebo!" And off they go...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 03:09:41 AM »
Can anyone tell me how to find the poem with the line "Have some Madeira, my dear".  I saw Tony Randall recite it once and it was such a joy.  It seems to fit Nickolas Blair's style.

"Have Some Madeira, M'Dear" lyrics

A snake in the grass-- yep, that's Nicky Blair.

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 05:19:32 AM »
I would like to imagine that after Barnabas and Julia returned to their normal time that they resumed their Friendship until one evening when Barnabas realizes Julia is the true incarnation of his beloved Josette.
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 09:25:06 AM »
I envision the same thing except Julia wakes up the next morning thinking she is next to Barnabas but she feels a beard tickling her ear and the voice of Nickolas Blair says "Have some Madeira, my dear."

Now that would have been something to see.

FireRose

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 02:05:38 PM »
I've imagined it many many ways.  ..an old boyfriend shows up engendering B' s ire.  .a night of drunkness as Sandor wrote.  .although on a boat with Quentin and Chris around. .oh wiat. no yes, i did write that. . .sooo the answers are out there . .check out the Yahoo Julialist, the ShadowsSmut listor Juliahoffman.com for some takes on it by several others. . .
Julia99

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 03:02:55 PM »
     Thank you so much for the link to the poem, Midnite. :-*  I saw Tony Randall perform this on TV once.  I would love to hear Jonathan Frid recite this.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 02:15:55 AM »
until one evening when Barnabas realizes Julia is the true incarnation of his beloved Josette.

I think it would be great if Barn could wake up & realize wadda woman Julia is!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 05:59:38 AM »

This I couldn't resist...

FireRose

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 03:27:20 PM »
     Fabulous, FireRose, just fabulous.