Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0058  (Read 1538 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0058
« on: September 21, 2011, 06:20:01 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0058
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 09:10:24 PM »
What did Joe call Bob le Bartender?   Pudgie?   Sam 2 thinks he's an old man.  That's not good.   Ezra Braithwaite should set him straight.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »
Hog-tied? Is that what the Collinsport consider 'romantic'?! [ghost_blink]

Sam is acting a bit too suspicious, but truth be told I always thought Roger was the one who was acting the most sneaky. [ghost_closedeyes]

Carolyn is on her 'I love Joe' kick...we'll see how long that lasts. Did like the scene between him and David. Even though I believe David would be happier if Carolyn married Burke, I do think he likes Joe to some degree.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 12:39:55 AM »
David is getting very interested in tide charts. Not a good sign. When Sheriff Patterson shows up, David gets all excited at the prospect of seeing his father taken away in handcuffs.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 03:52:29 AM »
LOL, DarkLady!

The Sheriff stopped wearing his gun-- a wise choice, since it seemed out of place during his last official Collinwood visit.  And hey, that's a nice safe in the police station; maybe Sam should ask to store his letter there, heheh.

What did Joe call Bob le Bartender?   Pudgie?
Punchy

I can't decide if David lacks empathy, or if his familiarity with ghosts makes him unable to grasp why other people mourn death.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 10:53:42 AM »
I can't decide if David lacks empathy, or if his familiarity with ghosts makes him unable to grasp why other people mourn death.
I'd say that David lacks empathy, but I'm also trying and failing to remember any scene in which Bill and David interacted.  Maybe there isn't one, and maybe Bill never was as nice to David as he was to "Princess" Carolyn, and maybe if he had been, David wouldn't have been as ready to worship Burke.  (A three-maybe sentence.)

Now Sam Evans has jumped onto the St. Bill Malloy bandwagon.  Is it because he feels remorse for killing Bill, or is it because he thinks Roger did it?

David's atlas showed two maps that looked exactly alike.  Did somebody get two photocopies of the same map and paste them in?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 02:56:07 PM »
David and Roger arrived at Collinwood only recently, so David would hardly have known Bill at all. So the idea of Bill's death is probably fairly abstract for him, except for his hope that his father will be arrested.

On the other hand, Carolyn has lived her whole life at Collinwood, so Bill would have known her from the time she was an infant.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »
You're right, Lydia-- we didn't see them interact (in their only scene together, Bill wasn't aware of David's presence), but what bothered me wasn't that David didn't mourn Bill but that he didn't grasp Carolyn's obvious discomfort despite having been warned that everyone was feeling sad.  On the other hand, he apparently doesn't see death as final.  The writers seem to be establishing a rule through David-- that victims will come back as ghosts if their murders go unsolved.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »
David sees ghosts and they are his friends so to him death would not be the end but just another state of being. 
Sam calls Carolyn, Caroline.  He should know the right name of the daughter of the wealthiest person in town.
David lies on the drawing room floor as if it were a normal living room.  "what other kid gets to live in a house with real ghosts. They are all my friends." 
David later comes in all dirty and Carolyn calls him morbid.  One gets the hint that Carolyn prefers to be the only child in the house and has a difficult time sharing and if this were a normal house she'd still find him irritating.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 02:59:37 PM »
David sees ghosts and they are his friends so to him death would not be the end but just another state of being.
I don't think that can be true, or else David wouldn't be so eager to have his father die.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 08:08:46 PM »
I don't think that can be true, or else David wouldn't be so eager to have his father die.

People never consider that on DS, when they want someone dead!   Oh no, a vengeful ghost at Collinwood?   Who could have forseen such a thing?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor