Author Topic: Angelique's Portrait  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Angelique's Portrait
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2003, 05:28:23 PM »
Midnite, I'm thinking we're gonna need a MUCH stronger word than 'Ack' for this IE crap.

I can here the lecture from you-know-who already.  [bnghd]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2003, 05:50:56 PM »
Put the cursor over the blank space and highlight - then it'll appear.  I did it quite by accident.  Now I'm gonna do a quick test myself just to see if I can make a spoiler space.

[spoiler]Surprise!  Barnabas Collins is a vampire.[/spoiler]

Anyway, one quick comment about Angelique's portrait - actually about the house in which Angelique resides with the portrait and her husband.  A doorbell!  The place has a doorbell!  In vritual every residence, from Collinwood to Prof. Stokes quaint apartment, that gadget must not've arrived yet since everyone hasta knock.

Gerard

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2003, 06:17:43 PM »
YAY GERARD!!!!!!

It works perfectly!!!!
Thanks for sharing your 'lucky accident' with the rest of us!  [thumb]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2003, 07:11:07 PM »
LOL, thanks, Gerard.  In Netscape you don't have to highlight, silly me.

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2003, 11:21:54 PM »
Well...
When Nicholas took away Cassandra's powers and she began to age rapidly, Vicki, Julia and Roger discovered that Angelique's portrait suddenly appeared as it does in the above photo.

Yes, that's true and that I do remember.  I thought you were referring to when Vicky first bought the portrait into the house at Collinwood.  I think this is what Josette is referring to in the post and why didn't Carolyn and her mom recognize the photo in the Rumson house as the same one that sat in the drawing room at Collinwood.
After all,  Julia noticed it right away. ;)

The portrait was in perfect condition then and it also had been sitting in the Collinwood drawing room for quite some time before the aging took place.  So Carolyn and the others had ample time to view it before Sam Evans actually aged the picture.

Deb

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:OT - spoiler text
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2003, 12:59:10 AM »
A large blank space is all I'm getting, even when I move the cursor.

Don't tell me.  Let me guess. It's just an IE thang..... ::)

You mean, without even trying, I wrote something that works correctly in EVERY browser other than IE? Oh, I AM good! [wink2]

Put the cursor over the blank space and highlight - then it'll appear.  I did it quite by accident.

Thanks for discovering a workaround for the IE unfortunate, Gerard. [thumb]

LOL, thanks, Gerard.  In Netscape you don't have to highlight, silly me.

No - SILLY IE! ::)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2003, 01:30:21 AM »
Despite MB's picture of an aged portrait of Angelique, I do remember Elizabeth specifically seeing the 1795 portrait of Angelique in the Collinwood drawing room shortly after Victoria purchased it in Collinsport.  There was nothing wrong with the portrait at that time.

Maybe Angelique forgot that they had seen it ... although I seem to remember that she must have orchestrated the events that led to Vicki's bringing the portrait to Collinwood ... so that Roger could become mesmerized by it and recite "Dover Beach."

:)

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2003, 01:53:03 AM »
Despite MB's picture of an aged portrait of Angelique, I do remember Elizabeth specifically seeing the 1795 portrait of Angelique in the Collinwood drawing room shortly after Victoria purchased it in Collinsport.  There was nothing wrong with the portrait at that time.

I believe you're confusing the timeline, Vlad. Vicki purchased the portrait in April '68 - but the capture I've posted is from July '68, taken from an episode during Cassandra's swan song.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2003, 02:45:24 AM »

I believe you're confusing the timeline, Vlad. Vicki purchased the portrait in April '68 - but the capture I've posted is from July '68, taken from an episode during Cassandra's swan song.

I didn't see that you had explained this using the new "Spoiler" invisible writing feature.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2003, 02:54:39 AM »
I didn't see that you had explained this using the new "Spoiler" invisible writing feature.

Ah, that would explain it. ;) I thought it was odd for you to confuse the timing because you're usually so on top of things. :)